Art in the Park
Art in the Park returns in 2024!
Council is seeking artists to submit proposals for existing works to feature at the 2024 Bathurst Winter Festival from 6-21 July.
Artworks can take the form of sculpture, light works, installations or soundscapes.
Artwork will be selected according to suitability of the work for outdoor display, site suitability and security, and ability of the work.
Applications will open soon.
- Installations need to be weatherproof as the artworks will be outside and on display for 16 consecutive days.
- Installation ideas (where appropriate) can be: on grassed area, hanging from trees or suspended with truss, can be soundscapes, lighting of structured.
- Artists are responsible for the installing and removing of artworks.
- Selected artists must show proof of current Professional Indemnity and Product Liability Insurance cover. Any contractors assisting artists with artwork installation and removal must also show proof of insurance.
- Bathurst Regional Council has strategies in to reduce vandalism such as signage, CCTV and overnight site security. Though unlikely, from time to time, the Winter Festival Event suffers a degree of vandalism. Artworks and installations that are more resistant to vandalism are strongly encouraged. Council does not take any responsibilities for damage or loss or artwork/installations.
- Regional artists eligible for selection must live in the Bathurst LGA or Arts Out West footprint.
For more information, contact our Events Team on (02) 6333 6111 via email.