Bathurst Regional Council is continuously moving towards more sustainable events, and each year we see progress towards reducing our footprint.
At this year’s Bathurst Winter Festival, keep an eye out for Council’s Recycling Rovers – they will be on hand to make sure waste is being disposed of correctly, and will be awarding instant win prizes to people seen to be using the right bin or helping to reduce litter.
Things you can do to reduce your footprint at the Bathurst Winter Festival:
- Bring your own drink bottle to fill up at the FREE water refill station
- Bring your wine glass from last year’s Bathurst Winter Festival to reuse for this year’s drinks
- Bring or buy a reusable coffee cup for your warm beverages
- Leave your top off (your takeaway coffee cup) to reduce unnecessary plastic use
- Follow the instructions on each bin when disposing of your waste:
- Lime green organics bin: for all food waste and napkins
- Yellow recycling bin: for all drink containers (except coffee cups)
- Red waste bin: for all other waste
- Leave the car at home and walk to the event, or carpool with friends and family
- Bring a reusable bag to the markets at Brew & Bite